Today, July 13th, 2020, Governor Newsom announced new restrictions to close “indoor operations for Fitness Centers”. Fortunately, our facility includes several outdoor areas which will remain open and we are quickly converting outdoor space to workout areas. The pool and tennis courts will remain open. The Weight Room and Cardio Deck will be closed for the time being.
Group Fitness classes, including Spin, will be held outdoors. Yoga will be practiced on the outside members’ patio which is a lovely shaded open-air space. We are currently exploring other options to expand our outdoor fitness activities. Court 6, which is now shaded, will be used for fitness activities when available. We will keep you updated as to how we will move forward while maintianing compliance.
For the most up-to-date class schedule and fitness booking information, download the Toluca Lake Tennis and Fitness Club app from the app store on your mobile device. Our Group Fitness schedule is also updated on our web site.
As always, protecting our members’ safety and health are our top priority. A 6-foot distance between participants is required. Face masks are still mandatory during outdoor fitness activities with the exception of tennis and swimming (gloves are no longer required for outdoor fitness activities).
We will continue to operate in compliance with this recent mandate until orders are lifted. We thank you for your patience as we navigate this uncertain landscape.
Randy & Marie Landsberger and Paul Philo
As a part of our reopening in July, improvements to our facility include:
- HEPA Room Air Filtration Units installed in areas throughout the Club
- Air conditioning filter changes and air exchange optimization
- Remodel of men’s locker room
- Fresh paint throughout the facility
- Complete refinish of the Front Desk area
- Refinishing of the pool deck and added plants
We want you to have the best experience possible and feel confident while staying fit. Here’s what you can expect:
In addition to following all LA Department of Public Health and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regulations for health clubs, we now have a reservation system in place to ensure social distancing and minimize capacity.
- The Pool will require reservations to limit capacity and ensure social distancing.
- All Group Fitness classes will require reservations. The first phase of our reopening will include a modified Group Fitness schedule to support physical distancing. We will monitor and adjust classes to meet our members’ needs. Digital classes will continue with a modified schedule.
How do I make a reservation for Group Fitness classes or use of the Pool?
Going forward, you will book all your fitness activity on the Toluca Lake Tennis and Fitness Club app. We are now a reservation only Club, please no walk-ins at this time. There is no need to call the Front Desk for fitness reservations unless you need assistance, in which case we are available to answer any inquiries. The Toluca Lake Tennis and Fitness App is where you can easily book online reservations for your Group Exercise Classes and use of the Pool. We will eventually add more features to the app to make your experience at the Club even more convenient and streamline. Following, are the steps to set up the app:
- Go to the App Store on your mobile device
- Search “Toluca Lake Tennis and Fitness Club”
- Download the app
- Open the app and create an account. Please enable the email and text features to receive confirmations and Club updates.
- Pull down the menu tab in the top left corner (where you see the little lines at top left of page).
- Select Group X Classes or Pool and book your time.
- Reserve your activity in the available time slots and arrive close to the start of your workout. Reservations will be available to book 4 days in advance. Please be mindful when selecting your activity since we have limited capacity and your time slot will be reserved for you. If you need to cancel your reservation, please cancel (on the app) at least one hour ahead of your scheduled time.
Group Fitness classes will be available to book 4 days in advance. Please select carefully since this time will be assigned to you and there is limited capacity. We will add classes each week, if necessary.
The maximum number per area has been determined to be: 5 for Lobby, 7 for Group Exercise, 6 for Spin (unless stated otherwise), 2 for the Pool and 4 for Locker Rooms. The middle lane of the pool will be closed at all times to ensure 6-foot distancing. Signs will be posted, and we kindly ask for your compliance to these maximum occupancy guidelines.
Swimming Pool Guidelines
- Only lanes #1 and #3 will be available to swim in. Lane #2 will be closed
- The pool will be available by reservation on the new app (see section above)
- A member may use their lane for a maximum of 30 minutes
- There will be no chairs, tables or lounges on the deck
- There will be NO pool apparatuses available
- We will have clean towels and a trash dispenser on the deck
- No congregating around the pool
- All Members must rinse off in the shower before entering the pool
Personal Protective Equipment
- Per updated California guidelines issued July 1, 2020, fitness members are required to wear face coverings while taking Group Exercise classes. The only exceptions are for those playing tennis or swimming or anyone who falls in the category as determined exempt by the state. The new guidance is part of an effort to stem the recent surge of COVID-19 cases in California.
- Club staff will wear protective face coverings and gloves while on duty with the exception of outside duties.
- Spacing signage to maintain a 6-foot distance is located throughout the facility to support physical distancing practices. Adherence to minimum 6-foot physical distancing will be required.
- One-way flow prioritized and indicated wherever possible. Doors will be left open to limit contact and encourage air circulation.
- Plexiglass partitions at check-in to limit exposure and contact with Front Desk staff.
- To support touchless check-in and expedite Club access we ask that all members swipe their membership card as they enter the Club.
- Due to physical distancing and capacity requirements, members are only allowed in the Club while exercising or using the locker rooms. Members will not be permitted to remain in the Club to socialize.
Health and Hygiene
- All staff are required to complete a self-screening at home before reporting to work as well as complete an on-site temperature check and health screen upon arrival to the facility.
- Members are asked to complete a self-screening at home before visiting the facility and should stay home if feeling ill or exhibiting signs of illness.
- Per Club guidelines, screening upon arrival to the facility may be performed.
- Staff and Members must wash or sanitize their hands upon entry to the facility.
- Members are required to bring their own yoga mat, props and boxing gloves.
- All water fountains will be temporarily disabled. Members will be required to bring their own water supply or purchase water at the Front Desk.
- Towel service will be offered, however, state guidelines highly recommend members bring their own towels.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Increased protocols for cleaning and disinfecting using EPA products proven to be effective for use against bacteria and viruses, including deep cleaning of the facility each night.
- A dedicated Clean Team continuously cleaning throughout all open hours of operation, as well as all team members cleaning throughout every shift.
- All members are required to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Disinfectant wipe stations and hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the facility for easy access.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of our Group Fitness studios and equipment between each class.
Temporary Suspension of Services
- The Weight Room and Cardio Deck are temporarily closed.
- Sauna and Jacuzzi service will be temporarily closed in accordance with state and local guidelines. Services will resume once approved and deemed safe by authorities.
- Guest visits will be temporarily suspended to ensure ample space and reservation times for our members.
- Kids’ Club remains temporarily closed. Once opening status is confirmed, more information will be provided.
- Valet services temporarily suspended to further support physical distancing and health and safety measures.
- Member’s Lounge is temporarily closed to limit congregating and promote physical distancing. All complimentary beverages will be suspended.
Fitness Memberships will become active on July 1, 2020. For inquiries or concerns with your membership, please contact Rindy Errico at email@example.com
Please note that we are constantly monitoring rules and guidelines so we operate in compliance but regulations may still be changing and we will adjust accordingly.
Thank you for your loyalty and patience as we do our best to welcome you back in the safest way possible. We look forward to seeing you soon!